Sunday, March 13, 2011

Starting a Blog

 So I've decided that I would start a blog. Now, you may be thinking: "Nicole, why would you start a blog? Thats probably one of the most nerdiest things you could possibly do!" Blogs are not nerdy! They are fine pieces of classic literature and... uhh, okay you got me, it is kind of nerdy. But, lets face it - people are getting more and more into tech and getting nerdier as the years go on. Also, theres nothing wrong with being a bit nerdy too. Anyways, back to on why I decided to make a blog.

       Originally, I was just going to make a journal to help me keep track of my horsemanship once winter was over and the mud cleared up.I figured if I kept track and be more organized that it would help me structure my progress and motivate me. The only issue with that was my horsemanship comes to a severe halt when winter hits. I have no indoor arena nor a sand arena to use once its starts raining and the property becomes a mud swamp - as so many horse owners know and suffer from the same issue. My journal would be a bunch of blank pages for a good several months!
       So while on facebook I noticed my friend, Amanda Z, had started a blog. Originally I thought it was a silly idea, but yet I found myself reading her blogs and actually looking forward to her next one. While I was throwing my horsemanship journal around in my head and seeing her blog - it hit me. Why not just start a blog? I could still use it to structure and keep track of my horsemanship, but I could also talk about more than just one limited topic. I can share experiences, my thoughts on different topics, and general updates on what's going on in my life to relatives whom i don't see often enough and stalk my Facebook page but also never comment (Auntie Trish - I'm looking at you!).  And lets face it - people are nosey and like to read others peoples business, so if I can entertain you for a few minutes I'd be happy to do so!
       I debated it for a while since as many of you know - I am not one to go around and strike up a conversation about whats going on with my life. But when I thought about it - I really don't mind sharing information. I am not one to rape your ears and force you to listen to every little detail in my life against your will, but I am more than happy to share almost anything: thoughts, opinions, whats going on in my life,  etc., if asked. At one point in time, I did want to become a writer. I enjoyed telling stories and wanted to write a novel someday. While I doubt I will ever do that, I still find pleasure in writing about things that strike my interest. Writing is relaxing and also a bit therapeutic for me. I'm open to suggestions too - if you want me to write about something in particular, share my thoughts on a topic (in a public blog or private - I always like trying to help or at least listen to someone when they need it), or suggestions on how to structure the blog - please let me know!
   So why make a blog?
*Keep track of horsemanship
*General updates for friends/family
*Entertain
*Relaxation
*Any other subconscious reason here
      This blog is informal, so I apologize if the structure, grammar, and punctuation is so bad that it makes you want to yank out the red pen and correct me. I make it up as i write!  I'm also experimenting on how to use this thing, so I'll be playing with the settings for awhile. Theres also no set timeline of how often ill write. Maybe several times a week, maybe once every few months, or maybe this is my first and last blog. Just goes as it strikes me. I apologize for the length of this thing too! I'll try to tone it down!

      Happy reading!





1 comment:

  1. nerds are sexy. which makes you and i a pair of smokin' hot ladies based on the level of nerdness we have.

    ReplyDelete